When You Become a Speaker at HCIC, here are a few things to know:
- Please download the Powerpoint template for your presentation. An electronic copy of your presentation is due no later than Friday, October 19, 2018. Please forward it directly to email@example.com.
- Upon arrival at the conference, stop by the registration desk (Hall of State, Lobby Level) to pick up your speaker credentials and conference materials.
- The Cushing room (Lobby Level near the registration desk) has been reserved as a speaker ready room and will be available for you during conference hours to use to prepare for your presentation.
- On the day of your presentation, please plan to arrive no less than 20 minutes before your scheduled speaking time (in the assigned meeting room). Arriving early allows you to preview your presentation, test the internet connection, test and put on the lavaliere microphone and to ensure that all the AV is properly functioning.
- The meeting room will be equipped with a laptop with the last version of the presentation you submitted already pre-loaded. If you have updated your presentation since submission, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it with you on a jump drive to update the laptop.
- The meeting room will also be equipped with lavaliere microphones and a projector. PLEASE WEAR THE MICROPHONE. We want everyone to be able to hear you, and we are RECORDING THE SESSION. Your presentation will not record properly unless the microphone is used.
- Repeat questions from the audience so that everyone can hear the question, and so the question is captured on the recording.
- There are sponsors for each track, so someone should be there to introduce you to the attendees and to make sure everything goes well throughout the session. If they don't show up, please introduce yourself at the beginning of the session.
- Please remember ... DON'T "sell" your product, service, or organization, as it will certainly reflect poorly on your evaluations and you will not be invited back to speak at future HCIC meetings.
If you need anything else, please stop by the registration desk and ask any staff member for assistance. If you need any assistance prior to arriving in Scottsdale, call Krista Attreau at 312-440-9080, ext. 22.